Boscombe Cliff Bowls Club was founded in 1904 and was the second Lawn Bowls Club to be laid in the Bournemouth area. Our Green and Clubhouse is ideally situated looking over the cliff top at the corner of Woodlands Avenue and Southbourne Overcliff Drive. Although Boscombe Cliff is a private club our Green is a public one with many first timers playing their hand on our green. If they take to the sport we encourage them to become members whilst others who are on holiday have gone back home and joined their local clubs throughout England.
We are happy to accommodate touring teams who would like a fixture on our green and any club secretaries wishing to do so should contact our Match Secretary (see Club Officials page).
The Pavilion was erected in 1927 with Café facilities which are open to the general public as well as our members. New caterers Camilla and Louise will be available to serve members and the general public 9.00 till 5.00 everyday of the week from April until the end of September.
Bournemouth Council have leased all the greens in the town to each club (it still has to be agreed and signed) and we organisation play by providing duty stewards through out the season so that any one can bowl on the green for a standard reasonable fees applicable to all greens in the area.
This year we have appointed a new advisor and he has already done a lot of scarifying and other work which is already a fantastic improvement in the playing surface when compared with the last few seasons.
It is the centenary of the Bournemouth Open Tournament, and we shall again be assisting by hosting a number of matches throughout the week.
Our cafe “On the Green” is in the hands of a new management team for the use of club members and members of the general public.
We are also on featured on Facebook – Just look for Boscombe Cliff Bowls Club.